Sponsored by: RSM US LLP
This hands-on fintech simulation workshop provides a multifaceted approach to developing and integrating a technology partnership from start to finish. Each workshop session offers valuable insights through real-world case studies and includes the how-to’s around decision-making, integration, market analysis and more. (This workshop is exclusive to 45 FI attendees only – up to two FI leaders per institution, and no capital markets titles. This session is not for investment bank leaders of any kind.)
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Registration + Refreshments
1:30 PM – 1:35 PM
Lexie Grindstaff, Vice President of Business Development
1:35 PM – 2:20 PM
Workshop Session 1: Due Diligence + Strategic Alignment
Elia Blankenship, Director, Management Consulting, Financial Institutions Advisory, RSM US LLP
Aaron Donaldson, Principal, Technology & Management Consulting, RSM US LLP
Due diligence is an essential part of the partnership process. Only through this step can a financial institution assess the risks, liabilities and potential pitfalls of working with a partner. Addressing potential red flags and designing a strategic plan is the necessary next step in the exploratory process. During this session we provide real-world examples to help attendees prepare for roadblocks and perform effective inquiries.
• Learn to accurately assess partnership risks, liabilities and pitfalls.
• Uncover partnership red flags and successfully design a strategic plan to avoid future roadblocks.
• Perform an effective inquiry.
2:20 PM – 3:35 PM
Workshop Session 2: Selecting the Right Technology
As financial institutions consider investing in technology, it is important to look strategically at the areas where the technology can best serve the institutions’ goals. How do you take the first step? This session explores how to find the right technology for your organization.
• Learn how to identify areas where technology can best serve your institution.
• Discover what factors should be weighed and discussed before investing in technology.
• Receive best practices and a step-by-step process for finding the right technology.
3:35 PM – 3:45 PM
3:45 PM – 4:45 PM
Workshop Session 3: Team Integration, Alignment + Adoption
After due diligence and planning are completed, FIs must look into the corporate culture of the prospective fintech to ensure they align with their own. In this final workshop session, attendees explore the importance of being culturally aligned and how it affects the success of the partnership.
• Learn to map out and examine if a prospective fintech’s culture aligns with your institution’s culture.
• Receive in-depth knowledge on the importance of being culturally aligned.
• Acquire additional tools needed to ensure team integration is a smooth process.
4:45 PM – 5:45 PM
Welcoming Reception + Registration
Our welcoming reception provides participants the chance to meet and mingle with their contemporaries from across the country.