Privacy & Commenting Policies
We may collect the following information:
- name, company and title.
- contact information including email address.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
internal record keeping.
- to improve our products and services.
- to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- to use your information from time to time to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website
- according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through our digital applications.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other sites
Our digital applications may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously allowed us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your email address to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We invite you to add your comments and to engage in a thoughtful, open and constructive exchange of ideas and perspectives on the BankDirector.com website. Bank Director reserves the right to delete comments that are off-topic, “spammy” in nature, abusive, use foul language, or include ad hominem attacks. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
All comments and other content contributed on BankDirector.com shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at Bank Director’s discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of the below.
- Personal Attacks: Please don’t engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse.
- Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated
- Language and Threats: Please do not use foul language and respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
- No Spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
- Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
- Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the BankDirector.com community by being respectful and considerate.
201 Summit View Drive
Brentwood TN 37027
Our website address is: https://www.bankdirector.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you submit your information to register for a Bank Director service; for example, to register for an event, login to exclusive content, or receive a newsletter. Registration information may include, but is not limited to, first name, last name, email address, bank/company name, bank/company title, bank asset size.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year.
When you login to event on demand platforms, your cookies will persist for up to 30 days. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When you access and interact with the website, we may collect certain information about those visits. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
How we manage your data
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.