On June 6-7, 2013, Bank Director hosted the 7th annual Bank Audit Committee Conference at the JW Marriott in Chicago, IL. With over 350 in attendance, bankers and advisers from across the country discussed new accounting rules, increased risks and how a highly regulated industry creates significant challenges for audit committee members, as well as members of management who work closely with them.
AGENDA HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED:
– Pre Conference Primer + Peer Exchange
– Industry Overview, provided by Steven D. Hovde, President & CEO, Hovde Financial, Inc.
– Peer Collaboration, allowed attendees to brainstorm, network and share insights in small peer groups
– Breakout Sessions, conducted by industry leaders and seasoned board members
– Top Audit Committee Issues for 2013
– Keynote Speaker, Kevin T. Kabat, Vice Chairman & CEO, Fifth Third Bancorp
– How Management and the Board Work Together to Manage Risk
Review our collection of articles featuring insight and advice from the 2013 Bank Audit Committee Conference:
MEET RISING COMPLIANCE COSTS WITH UNTAPPED INTERNAL RESOURCES
As the cost of regulatory compliance continues to escalate, look inside your bank for a solution.
IS BANKING’S BUSINESS MODEL BROKEN?
Andrew Fitzgerald of Hovde Group LLC looks at the significant challenges facing the banking industry.
CYBER ATTACKS: THE THREE MOST IMPORTANT STEPS A BOARD CAN TAKE
Legal experts discuss how to protect your bank from Internet security threats.
Be sure to join us in Chicago in 2014! Watch for agenda updates and registration information for our 8th annual Bank Audit Committee Conference.