For many banks, managing the manifold economic and internal risks has been a stressful and very manual process.
Truly gaining a comprehensive overview of all the collaterals associated with a bank’s lending business is often the top desire we hear from clients, followed by in-depth reporting and collateral management workflow capabilities. Historically, collateral management in wealth management lending has often been a siloed process with each department managing it individually. And the need for additional resources in credit and risk departments has been a growing trend. In our research, the processes in which banks are managing their collaterals vary but often involve collecting data from a variety of sources, tracking in spreadsheets manually, and pulling rudimentary reports from the core banking system that only gives basic aggregated information at best.
Banks need a way to monitor and manage collateral for all their lending products, not just securities-based lending. An enterprise collateral management solution allows credit and risk professionals to:
• Gain an accurate and up-to-date overview of collaterals across different asset and loan types in real-time for marketable securities, if desired.
• Set up multiple credit policies.
• Perform portfolio concentration analysis for more in-depth insights on potential risks.
• Pull pre-defined and custom reports quickly and efficiently.
• Automate collateral release support.
• Assess borrower’s risk across the entire relationship through data visualizations and modules.
• Conduct in-depth “what-if” stress testing for marketable securities to proactively mitigate any potential risks.
Make Decisions and Act With Efficiency
Many organizations are siloed and visibility across groups is an organization struggle. The lack of visibility across teams can cause operation and client-facing staff to struggle with making timely and informed decisions. A digital, streamlined enterprise collateral management solution can create efficiencies for cross-team collaboration. Your bank’s team should look for solutions with features like tools, reports and workflows that enable them to make informed decisions and act with efficiency, including:
• Automatic calculation of collateral release.
• Portfolio concentration analysis to provide more in-depth insights on potential risk.
• Rule-based and streamlined workflows to support collateral call management in scale with efficiency and at a reduced cost.
The standards for bank risk management and customer service today are at some of their highest levels today; management teams are looking for immediate answers to their questions in this uncertain environment. It is essential that banks have a technological solution that equips their team to have the answers at their fingertips to provide the service clients expect and deserve. Now more than ever, financial institutions need a collateral management solution that provides speed, transparency, efficiency and a streamlined digital workflow to support the new hybrid working environment.