On June 7-8, 2012, Bank Director hosted the 6th annual Bank Audit Committee Conference at the JW Marriott in Chicago, IL. With over 350 in attendance, bankers and advisers from across the country discussed new accounting rules, increased risks and how a highly regulated industry creates significant challenges for audit committee members, as well as members of management who work closely with them.
AGENDA HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED:
- Pre Conference Primer + Peer Exchange
- Industry Overview, provided by Steven D. Hovde, President & CEO, Hovde Financial, Inc.
- Peer Collaboration, allowed attendees to brainstorm, network and share insights in small peer groups
- Breakout Sessions, conducted by industry leaders and seasoned board members
- Top Audit Committee Issues for 2012-2013
- Audit Committee Panel
Review our collection of articles featuring insight and advice from the 2012 Bank Audit Committee Conference:
FOCUSING ON WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO THE AUDIT COMMITTEE: THREE THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ON EVERYONE’S MIND
By: Dawnella Johnson
With all the responsibilities placed on the audit committee, it can be easy to lose focus. Here is a way to focus on what matters most.
WHAT BANK AUDIT COMMITTEE MEMBERS SHOULD FOCUS ON NOW
By: Rob Fleetwood
Increasing demands for capital and the trickle down impact of the Dodd-Frank Act are topics for the upcoming Bank Audit Committee Conference in June.
Be sure to join us in Chicago in 2013! Watch for agenda updates and registration information for our 7th annual Bank Audit Committee Conference.
© DirectorCorps, Inc All Rights Reserved | Login